Excellent Tips To Get Cheap Flights For Your Holidaying
When going on holiday, you might as well save as much money as possible for the main event instead of the flight.
11:19 16 March 2013
So you’re going on holiday and you need to fly somewhere. How can you save money on flights so you’ll have more to spend during the holiday on souvenirs and attractions?
There are a few ways to opt for cheap flight deals, some of which may seem obvious, but when combined with others can add up to quite a bit of savings.
- Don’t fly first class unless you absolutely have to. You’ll get to the same destination whether you are travelling in coach or not.
- Many people have preferred airlines, but try shopping around to check prices for cheap flight deals. If you find a preferred airline, but you find a cheaper ticket with another airline, contact your preferred one and ask if they would be able to match the price.
- Use any frequent flyer programmes to offset the cost of tickets.
- Sign up to receive email alerts on any discounts available for flights.
- Check websites that allow you to bid for a ticket, or ones which compare many different airline prices at once.
- Keep an eye out for cheap flight deals as a package. If you notice something which includes meals, airfare, and a hotel don’t automatically dismiss the offer. Compare estimates for each of these things individually to the package price to see if you are getting a true bargain.
- Check websites and call on the phone to ensure you have information about all the deals available.
- Try getting quotes for flying out of a less popular airport.
- Fly during the week rather than the weekend.
- Purchase tickets as early as possible, even if your holiday is four to six months away.
- Avoid too much carry-on luggage which can drive the price of your flight higher.