Free wifi hotspot tips when youâ€™re out and about.
12:41 10 June 2017
Connecting to legal free wifi hotspots in cities and towns across the UK is relatively easy. This offers you an alternative to using your mobile phone’s 3G or 4G connection.
Public WiFi hotspots are usually found in populated areas such as libraries, pubs, cafes, and restaurants. These hotspots are commonly free but may require you to sign-up to get access.
While it is easy to find and connect to public Wi-Fi, open hotspots are not as secure as your own Wi-Fi network at home. Thus, you have to be wary of entering sensitive information when connected to one. To stay on the safe side, keep these tips in mind:
· Consider using VPN for added security
· Avoid making online purchases and entering your credit card details through public Wifi
· Be wary of people looking over your shoulders when typing your log-in details
· Ensure that your antivirus software is up-to-date
· Never leave your computed logged in once you’re finished
These tips can help you secure your personal information that could be used to hack your email address or steal your identity online.
Major providers of free Wifi across UK include 02 Wifi, BT Wi-Fi, the Cloud/Sky Wifi, and Virgin Media Wifi on the Tube, among others.