Glasgow City Council Digital Strategy
Glasgow City Councilâ€™s digital strategy to focus on tech for health and social care, smart city technology and building digital skills.
14:36 03 December 2018
Glasgow City Council has announced its digital strategy on November 16 highlighting the strategies on how to maximise the use of digital technology for local economic growth and transforming the way public services are delivered.
Deputy city convener for economic growth Councillor Angus Millar said that the Digital Glasgow Strategy would make the city a digital global leader.
“This strategy will guide the city in taking advantage of the opportunities digital technology offers to improve our public services and create inclusive economic growth that people across Glasgow can benefit from”, he said.
The smart services element of the strategy focuses on the following:
· Process as many transactions online as possible to improve experience and convenience
· Coordinate city services by scaling up smart city infrastructure, such as sensors, smart bins and street lighting, among others
· Encourage digital learning in schools by expanding the availability of WiFi and providing up to 50,000 iPads to children
· Improve integration between digital health and social care services
· Use digital technology to provide better tourism and heritage content for visitors and residents of the city