- Change theme
it's an internet thing! est 1999
Greece Golden Visa
Golden Visa in Greece is one of the popular residency by investment programs in the EU.
00:19 10 March 2023
Golden Visa in Greece is one of the popular residency by investment programs in the EU. The country has been providing residency for investors since 2013. Since then, over 28,000 applicants and their families have received their residence rights. It’s possible to apply for the program remotely as well.
You can become a resident by investing a minimum of €250,000 in a certain investment option. In return for this, you get the right to include your family or travel in the Schengen area visa-free. What’s more interesting is that you don’t need to stay in Greece to keep holding your residence right.
Let’s get to know more about Greece Golden Visa in detail.
How To Get Greece Golden Visa
To be able to benefit from the program, you need to meet some eligibility requirements. Find the related requirements below:
- You must be a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen
- You need to be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a clean criminal record
- You must be of good character
- You need to have medical insurance for both yourself and your family
- Also, you must make a qualifying investment, and
- You need to maintain your investment while you have your Golden Visa.
Benefits of Golden Visa in Greece
There are many reasons to apply for Greece citizenship by investment. Find the details about these reasons below:
- There is more than one investment option to choose from, including real estate investment.
- No stay requirement applies to the applicants. You can stay wherever you want.
- A Greek residence card allows you to go to Schengen states without a further visa requirement.
- You can bring your family members like your spouse, and children under 21. In addition, your parents and parents-in-law will be covered as well, if you want.
- Golden Visa Greece is not on any blacklist, so it’s a very trustable program.
- You can benefit from healthcare and education services.
- If you become a Greek citizen, you can work and live anywhere in the EU.
- The program offers a very low investment requirement compared to other Golden Visa programs.
- You can also benefit from double taxation treaties if your home country has an agreement with Greece. In this case, your international income will not be subject to taxation.
Besides all these benefits, you can enjoy a safe and quality lifestyle in Greece if you consider moving there. What’s more, its Mediterranean climate is favorable for many people. Also, the cost of living in Greece is quite affordable.
Greece Golden Visa: Investment Options
There are several options to choose from while applying for Greece citizenship by investment.
The most popular option is buying real estate in Greece at a minimum amount of €250,000. Another option is to make a minimum capital contribution of €400,000 in Greek government bonds.
You can also make a capital contribution in bonds or shares of real estate investment companies in Greece. The minimum required amount for this option is €400,000.
Alternatively, at least €400,000 contribution in bonds or shares of a
- Venture Capital fund,
- A Private Equity fund, or
- A Mutual Fund (headquartered in Greece) is possible.
You can also contribute a minimum amount of €400,000 in a bank deposit in Greece. Or, you can contribute the same amount in certain forms of securities.
Finally, it’s also possible to contribute at least €800,000 in
- Corporate bonds,
- Shares, or
- Greek Treasury Bonds that are listed in trading facilities that operate in Greece.
How To Apply For Golden Visa in Greece
The required steps are straightforward. You first choose your investment option. Then, you get a non-resident tax number and open a bank account. If you choose property investment, you execute the legal due diligence. Then, you receive the promissory sale and purchase agreement, and the deed will be ready.
You then collect the necessary documents, and working with a lawyer at this step would help. After this step, you visit Greece to submit your biometric data. Then, you’ll wait for the result of your application.
Other Details To Know About Golden Visa in Greece
- You can renew your Golden Visa every five years.
- Note that Greece citizenship by investment can become possible after seven years of residency. You also need to be paying taxes during this period. Yet, it’s highly advisable to discuss the issue with a professional.
- Your Greek residency doesn’t allow you to work in the EU.
In short, Greece Golden Visa is a good opportunity to get a second residency. Apply remotely and easily to enjoy it!