HomePod Software Update
A new software update will enable HomePod to gain new useful and exciting features.
17:06 24 September 2018
A soon-to-be released update to HomePod software will unlock several new and exciting features that will enable users of the Apple smart speaker to:
· Find their iPhone using the Find My iPhone app, which will trigger the misplaced iPhone to play a sound
· Listen to their voicemail straight from the HomePod
· Search for songs by lyrics. This feature enables users to ask their HomePod for the title of the song or play it by saying “Hey Siri, play that song that goes…”
· Set multiple timers
· Switch to WiFi network; this means that the HomePod will no longer automatically join the network that is being used by the iPhone it is connected to
· Take advantage of improved language support. On 26 October, HomePod will launch in Mexico and Spain
· Trigger Siri shortcuts – This aims to offer enormous convenience. Instead of doing a series of tasks, HomePod will work with the Home Automation accessories to set chains of events in a single command. For example, if you say “good morning”, Siri will automatically turn on the lights, the coffee maker, and other devices you’ll normally use when you wake up.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website