How can SIP benefit my business?
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enhances unified communications (UC) not just by setting up and terminating sessions.
14:22 20 September 2017
It can also offer the following benefits to businesses:
· Provides support to identify the exact location of the end user.
· Enables users to indicate whether or not they are available at any given time, giving rise to functions such as presence
· It has the ability to identify the devices being used and what kind of communication they support in order to set up the call appropriately. This allows those with devices that only support voice to join a conversation with other users that use video calls.
· Establishes the ground rules or parameters for a call between two or more participants.
· Manages call transfer, modifications, and call termination
Mykola Konrad, VP of Cloud and Strategic Alliances for Sonus Networks, Inc., said: “Those are the core capabilities but SIP has also become the lingua franca – or bridge language – of the VoIP, audio and, increasingly, the video world. It’s the glue holding the UC infrastructure together.”
“In the end SIP enables productivity enhancements for the enterprise by enabling them to take advantage of all of these UC applications,”
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website