How Do Air Purifiers Work?
Air purifiers are an increasingly common addition to most homes now due to their many benefits.
13:13 11 February 2020
They work to keep a healthy environment in your home for your family, to help reduce illnesses and infections. If you live in windy conditions, especially where you are prone to sandstorms and foggy weather, then purchasing an air purifier is your best bet as most people spend a large amount of their time cleaning their homes to remove the unwelcomed dust and dirt. These natural conditions are common, so if you are tired of the process, you can channel your inner Ross Geller and avoid it from happening ever again.
That sounds all fine and dandy, but you may wonder how in fact, an air purifier can possibly accomplish this, and do all air purifiers provide the same functions? So we are going to break down exactly how they work and which ones are well-suited for cleaning the air in your home.
How Air Purifiers Work
Indoor air purifiers work by using a system of internal fans. They include filters to pull in the air of your home and remove all harmful particles such as bacteria, pollen, and dust and then they circulate the filtered and purified air back out into the room of the home, making sure that the clean air is all that remains. This continues several times within the hour to maintain a clean and clear environment in your home.
Air purifiers remove 99 percent of airborne bacteria in your home, mold spores, small particles like pollen. This is so important as the professionals at https://filterbuy.com/commercial-air-filters/ have found that indoor air pollutants are one of the top-five environmental risks to the public. So purchasing one guarantees health, as an air purifier continuously filters the air in your home by cycling up all the dirt, dust and unwanted odors and releasing clear air for your lungs.
Types of Air Purifiers
- Activated carbon technology purifiers: These are great for those who are sensitive to irritants such as dust, pollen or pet dander. This primarily focuses on filtering the air for those who have multiple chemical sensitivity such as babies, children, the elderly and those who suffer from asthma.
- UV technology purifiers: This type is perfect if the primary function is to kill germs and prevent bacteria from spreading around the house. If you are prone to catching viruses, then this type will eliminate illness in your family. However, it does not provide the method of getting rid of airborne particles.
- HEPA technology purifiers: This High Efficiency Particulate Air purifier is perfect to filter airborne particles. HEPA traps chemicals and viruses that would escape the human eye and makes your home environment more sanitary.
- Ozone purifiers: The function of the ozone is intended to fully clean the air surrounding the room. However, this option isn’t suitable for those suffering from asthma and it does not remove particles. This type solely traps the bacteria but does not clean it.
- Negative Ion purifiers: Like the ozone purifier, Negative Ion will not absorb the particles of the room. They simply trap the transfer airborne particles rather than eliminate them altogether. Also, much like the ozone, these are only beneficial in places that you would reside in temporarily; they aren’t very effective in maintaining a clean room for long-term use.
The Different Functions of Air Purifiers
Removing Unpleasant Odors - These relieve the atmosphere of unwanted odors, making the environment in your home refreshed. If a prolonged odor remains after you have cooked dinner, especially that of smelly foods or burnt meals, certain air purifiers will massively reduce the scent.
Trapping Pet Allergens - If you have a furry playmate at home, then you know they come with some unusual odors, fur, and airborne allergens. So, to avoid cleaning one more thing, the right air purifier will trap the allergens released by your pets, and your home will no longer smell like them when you enter through the door.
Reducing Seasonal Allergies - If you or a family member are prone to allergies or the common cold, then you’ll find yourself feeling a lot healthier once an air purifier has been introduced into your life. That’s because it removes all the particles from your home that can cause an allergic reaction and germs, and illnesses will no longer spread from one family member to another.
Now you understand how air purifiers work to maintain a clean environment in the home, and how they rid a room of all unwanted pollution with their filters. You can see why these conveniences would be so beneficial for your home and your loved ones’ health as well as yours. It’s important you select the right one for you to feel the difference.