How To Check If The Gambling App is Legit?
With the advent of online casinos, the industry has witnessed a rise in scams and illegal gambling dens.
12:07 05 August 2020
So while it is crucial to mobilize towards an online gambling experience, it is equally, if not more important, to be able to differentiate between real casinos like G club online casino and the fake ones.
The same trend of fake gambling avenues has unfortunately continued to mobile applications as well. This trend is a witness to rogue casinos with pirated games and unreliable payment options. But how do you differentiate between a legit gambling app and a fake one? It is what this article aims to debunk for you. Read on.
Factors to Determine Whether an App is Legit or Not?
There are several factors to consider to know which gambling app is legit. Please note that using all these at a time isn’t necessary. A gambling app’s failure to meet even one of these criteria makes it liable to be deemed as not legit.
- Unlicensed casinos: Every casino needs an operating license by a regulatory body. It is to certify that the online casino satisfies all the quality checks, thereby deeming it a legit place to bet. Always check for the license first thing when you sign-up. Granted, having the license doesn't automatically prove that the gambling is app. But, not having the license can be a massive roadblock in your way.
- Online Reviews: There are several forums and sites like this one where gambling enthusiasts discuss several of the gambling apps out there. Mixed reviews are expected since different people may have different opinions. But it can be a serious red flag if you an overwhelmingly negative response towards a particular gambling app. Usually, it’s a pretty reliable indicator of the illegitimacy of the respective app.
- Casinos with poor customer support: A lot of the renowned casinos you'll see have robust customer support systems, with often 24*7 support. These websites have specifically mentioned addresses, telephone numbers, and even email addresses. It attributes a certain degree of legitimacy to the apps and imbibes trust in them. However, the absence of these can be an indication of something fishy. Typically, casinos that don't have specific details for customer support and instead ask you to fill up several forms are trouble. It's always best to check up on such apps first before signing up. It can save your cash from falling into the wrong hands.
- No certification: Big brand names in the gambling industry typically always seek to establish trust in the market. They often do so by proving to the customers that the games aren't 'rigged'. It is done with the help of an external auditing company. This company comes and uses a large sample space. In simple words, people from the company play the games millions of times and use advanced statistical tools to determine whether there are any discrepancies or not. It establishes credibility for the brands; something that sets them apart. On the other hand, the absence of any certification raises major raise flags. Double-check even if the gambling app is offering a seemingly real platform for gambling.
- Options for depositing cash: Fake casinos often don't offer you enough cash depositing options. They either force you to use bitcoin or some shady vouchers available on their website. Hence, not having enough payment options should raise several red flags immediately. On the flipside, branded and popular casinos combat this problem by offering you several different avenues for payment. Paypal is a great option and indicator of trust since it only allows businesses to operate on its platform very selectively. Other probably options can be a credit card (Mastercard or VISA), and bitcoin as an optional.
- Popularity and longevity: This is the best litmus test of all. If a gambling app has been up and running for a long time, the chances are that it's completely legit. It is so because typically negative reviews pile up over a while and effectively destroy an app's reputation, till the time authorities take action.
It's extremely important to choose the right gambling app since failure to do so can cause a lot of trouble. Another good example f licensed casino is 918kiss This list is exhaustive and offers a bird's eye view of the several steps you must take to ensure that the casino you're going for is legit. Follow the steps in this list, and you never have to worry about a single dime being stolen again.
John Fosdyle is the founder of Web Casino Star. He is a 36-year-old programmer who enjoys golf, cookery, and drone photography. He is tech-savvy and smart, but can also be very nerdish from time to time. He has a degree in computing and obsessed with creating new tech projects and eating pizza.