How To Clean A Refrigerator | Kitchen Cleaning Ideas
It’s very important to keep your Refrigerator very clean and tidy daily.
12:44 02 July 2020
This guide explains how to clean your Refrigerator clean and your foods safe. A refrigerator is one of the most critical areas to focus on while cleaning your kitchen.
It’s vital that the appliance is to keep clean and hygienic, for both raw and cooked foods as well, to reduce the risk of food poisoning. However, cleaning the Refrigerator isn’t quite as straightforward as wiping the other areas, and certain products shouldn’t be used to be clean the fridge.
Cleaning the fridge doesn’t need to be a daunting process. This guide will explain to you how to clean the Refrigerator and by using which products you should use for cleaning the Refrigerator. And if you are planning to get the best single door fridges in India, then you can visit ProBuyer.
Can You Use Ordinary Kitchen Cleaning Products?
Few kitchen cleaning products, such as gently wiping the surface using natural citrus oils for cleaning inside a fridge. Kitchen cleaners are powerful, and they contain chemicals that can kill germs in your kitchen. These products should not come in contact with food, either directly or indirectly while cleaning your fridge inside. It’s not worth the risk of a remaining chemical residue that could cause contamination.
You can also use your regular kitchen dishwashing liquid and warm water to wipe inside your fridge and soak the drawers. And follow the instructions on the label of any cleaning product.
- Make sure your fridge is turned off because leaving the Refrigerator on while cleaning makes it hard.
- Keeping the Refrigerator open for a long period, you can waste electricity, and also it’s safe to have the fridge dusting the coils and cleaning the drip pan.
Are Natural Products Useful?
Natural products can be handy while cleaning the Refrigerator, and it is a safe way to keep your appliance clean and hygienic. Regular baking soda can be great for absorbing bad odors and removing stains, while white vinegar is suitable for cleaning any stainless steel elements. First, clean a small area for checking whether there are no adverse effects.
Can You Use Cleansers For The Fridge?
Cleansers like bleach should never be used inside refrigerators. It can make the people sick, while using the soap (disinfectant) while cleaning, due to its strong chemicals they contain. We suggest you opt for natural cleaners.
List Of Best Cleaning Methods
Once you have all your kitchen cleaning products except disinfectant, now it’s time to tackle the Refrigerator. Here are a few handy methods:
- Remove all the products including food from your fridge, before start cleaning. Even if you are only using natural products, you don’t want to give a chance. It makes the process so much easier while having an empty fridge.
- While cleaning, take out all the parts that are removable like shelves and drawers. Then, fill a basin with warm water and regular dishwashing soap and leave those parts soaking before wiping it.
- Wipeout all the areas with a combination of dishwashing soap and warm water. A microfiber cloth or a sponge will help you clean the fridge thoroughly without leaving any little particle left behind in the Refrigerator.
- With a mix of small amounts of baking soda and water as a paste, for stubborn stains. Apply the paste on the stain and leave it for an hour before wiping it. The baking soda loosens the stain and makes it easy to clean away.
- We recommend you to use a damp sponge or a gentle cloth for cleaning your Refrigerator.
And to reduce the hassle, while cleaning, there a many easy was to maintain the cleanliness of your fridge on day to day basis.
- Regularly check the products in your fridge and remove out the products that are out of date. The fusty foods can contaminate other items, so bin them ASAP.
- Clean any spills as soon as possible, and it can drip onto other foods and cause bad odors, especially when a bottle of milk leaks.
- You can use a box filled with baking soda in your fridge bottom to absorb the strong odors.
You can clean all the corners if you have removed all the foods from the Refrigerator. Also, remove items like shelves, drawers, and soak them in warm water with dishwashing liquid to wipe the interior. For removing the durable stain, use baking soda and follow the instructions we listed above to clean the product with care.