How to Create a Banner for your YouTube Channel
A stylish banner for YouTube will help broadcast the style and voice of the channel.
22:06 06 May 2022
The first thing your audience sees on a channel is a picture for the channel. Let her impression be bright! A stylish banner for YouTube will help broadcast the style and voice of the channel. In this article, we will show you how to create it using the Turbologo online designer.
What is a banner
The YouTube channel header (cover, background) is its “face”. You can tell what the channel is about by looking at the cover. Some authors change covers for specific events, for example, before the launch of a webinar. Viewers can see the header when accessing the channel from a YouTube search, from a video, or through links that lead to the channel's home page.
The channel cover can be used not only as a design element, but also as a tool to increase brand awareness, personality, advertising external resources, announcing promotions, contests, and so on.
How to make a banner for a YouTube channel
Background Image Requirements
Before you start drawing the cover, keep in mind that on different types of devices, the image uploaded to the channel will be displayed differently.
The maximum resolution is 2560 x 1440 pixels. It is this size that the picture should be so that it can be equally clearly seen both on TV and on a mobile phone.
You can check the display of the banner on all types of devices at any time. To do this, go to your channel and click "Add Channel Art".
To make a banner that will display equally well on all types of devices, use the template. So you will know for sure that nothing will be cut off for users of tablets and smartphones.
All the most important information should be located in the visible area - focus on the viewing area on mobile phones.
On the banner, it is important to clearly identify the topic and tell what is unique about the channel. But the name and description of the channel is not the only thing that can be there.
What else can be put on the cover:
- Schedule of video releases. A common practice among video bloggers;
- Information about promotions, announcements of events, etc. In this case, the cover will often have to be changed so that the information on it remains relevant;
- Things to be proud of: media mentions, awards, etc. If you're some kind of prominent person and came to YouTube with a lot of regalia, why not mention it?
- Links to the site and social networks. Only if there is a real need to further promote your resources, since on the channel you can create a block with clickable links in the lower right part of the banner;
- Calls to action (subscribe, follow links). By the way, you can not only add clickable links at the bottom of the banner, but also draw arrows and pointers on the cover if you need to draw special attention to them.
It is desirable that the design of the channel has a single style: the font and colors of the channel cover should not differ from those used for the avatar and video thumbnails. If you have a corporate identity, do not change it when creating a YouTube channel: this will help increase the brand's visual recognition.
How to create a channel cover online
There are a lot of online services for creating YouTube cover art. But all of them in terms of functionality cannot be compared with a full-fledged graphic editor like Photoshop. However, if you need to do it quickly and beautifully, this is the best option, since it all comes down to editing the finished template. Just be prepared for the fact that your channel may become one of thousands with a similar design.
In addition, it is worth considering that free versions of online designers have limited functionality. For example, custom fonts become unavailable. Even worse, when you can download the finished version only with a watermark.
We have chosen one of the most convenient services - Turbologo. In this case, the user gets the most complete functionality and a large number of templates for free.
To start creating, just register and select the desired template. Next, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- In order not to search for a long time, use the search by typing the phrase: "Youtube channel design";
- Click on "YouTube Channel Design", and we will be prompted to choose a template;
- Clicking on the banner opens the editor;
- Here you can change the text, background and any other parts of the template, add new elements, upload your own pictures, etc.
- Not always a ready-made banner can be downloaded for free. As a rule, restrictions appear due to the background image, which can be easily replaced with another - free;
- The last point is the main thing to pay attention to. Try not to select templates with text that goes beyond the visible area - usually they are immediately visible, but if in doubt, check by uploading to the channel.
So, we told you how to create a banner for a Youtube channel. Keep it up and you will definitely succeed!