How to get the most out of Classic WoW Phase 4
Blizzard announced that phase 4 of Classic WoW has launched in April 15 2020.
15:51 28 April 2020
You can expect to be fighting trolls in Zul Gurub! Phase 4 is often referred to as the most casual-friendly phase but it also has tons of content. So, if you've taken a break from the game, now is the time to come back. Let's take a look at what you can look forward to in phase 4 and how to get your character prepared.
Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
With the launch of phase 4, we finally get access to the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza! This is a fishing tournament that is held every Sunday from 2 PM to 5 PM server time. The aim is simple; you have to catch 40 Speckled Tastyfish by fishing on the shores of Stranglethorn Vale and hand these fish to a merchant in Booty Bay before anyone else. The winner can pick between the Arcanite Fishing Pole or the Hook of the Master Angler as their reward. The fishing pole boosts your fishing skill and the hook grants you swim form.
How to Get Prepped:
- Make sure you have 200+ fishing skill.
We get a new raid instance in phase 4 called Zul Gurub (ZG). ZG is the most casual-friendly raid in Classic WoW and is often called a "catch-up raid". This is because the bosses drop a ton of best WoW Classic gear and weapons, but the barrier to entry for the raid is much lower. There are no attunement quests that you need to do before you get into the raid, you can just hop straight in. It's also a much less competitive environment since high-end guilds focused on world-first achievements and speed clears tend to discount the raid altogether. The raid also resets every three days rather than weekly like with the other WoW Classic raids. This means you can do a ton of ZG and gear your Classic WoW account out super quick.
How to Get Prepped for ZG
- Tailoring: If you want the Bloodvine cloth gear set, then you might want to abandon one of your other professions and take up tailoring.
- Cloth prices - Lots of players will switch to the Tailoring profession, so cloth prices for all types of cloth will probably go up. If you want to make some extra WoW Classic gold, start farming for cloth now or buy them up from the Auction House.
- Heart of the Wild reagent price hike - Heart of the Wild will likely also see a jump in price on the Auction House since players will need it to make the new Living Action Potion.
- Black Lotus - The Black Lotus herb is needed to make Gurubashi Mojo Madness which is coming in phase 4. Gurubashi Mojo Madness is used to summon the trinket bosses in ZG so plenty of players will want to get their hands on it. Expect Black Lotus' to be in high demand.
- Stock up on potions - You'll want to get Limited Invulnerability Potion, Free Action Potion, Noggenfogger Elixir and Major Healing potion to increase your survivability in the raid.
Dragons of Nightmare
There are four world bosses coming in Phase 4. These are Lethon, Emeriss, Ysondre, and Taerar. The dragons will spawn in the world in four locations, Duskwood, Hinterlands, Feralas, and Ashenvale. The dragons drop Epic quality gear and weapons that will be highly sought after by some players.
How to Get Prepped for the Dragons of Nightmare
Most of the preparation for the Dragon of Nightmare will take place in the days or hours before your guild decides to hunt one down and kill it. Since the dragons are a world spawn and not an instance, you will be competing with other guilds on your faction as well as enemy guilds to secure the kill. To make sure you get there first, you need to have a player always scouting the spawn areas looking for the dragon to spawn. Once the dragon has spawned, you need to get your guild to the location as fast as possible.
Since PvP is highly likely, make sure you have all the potions you would normally take into a battleground or PvP encounter.