14:14 17 June 2017
Is your WiFi signal weak in certain rooms in your house? Below are tips for improving the range and performance of your Wi-Fi network.
· Eliminate obstructions – Find the right location for your router while keeping in mind that thick walls are the enemy of Wi-Fi. Also, avoid putting it close to the TV or microwave as metal objects tend to scatter Wi-Fi signal.
· Upgrade your router – Older hardware can keep you from enjoying a faster form of WiFi. Take advantage of new routers, such as BT Smart Hub, the UK’s most powerful Wi-Fi signal.
· Turn off your devices when not in use – Allow your devices to rest or restart them if you notice that the signal if fluctuating.
· Watch what’s connected to your WiFi – Keep in mind that the more devices connected to your WiFi network, the more speed is shared.
· Update your software – Take advantage of software updates for your router to improve stability and security.
· Try Whole Home WiFi – This system from BT helps you get complete Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. The kit comes with three sleek repeater discs that you can place throughout your home to create an intelligent, more powerful network.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website