14:20 15 October 2009
This tasty soup is a quick and easy winter warmer, and great for cooking with the kids too.
15 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “Off The Shelf” for more recipes devised with James Martin.
1 crushed clove of garlic
410g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
1. Gently fry 1 crushed clove of garlic with 1 finely chopped red onion in a little olive oil until soft, but not browned.
2. Put the 400g can tomatoes and juice and the onion and garlic in a blender with about half the can of the rinsed borlotti beans.
3. Whizz until almost smooth and return to the pan.
4. Add the water and the remaining borlotti beans and heat until boiling.
5. Serve with warm wholemeal bread.
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website