New concerns about violence in youth prisons
From prisons to finances some things seem mysterious and leave us investigating to get answers.
07:46 16 July 2013
One of the youth prisons in England was found to have an unnecessarily high rate of violence which was supposedly dealt with by sometimes excessive isolation or baton use, it has been reported.
Whenever matters like this are discovered it may make us wonder about all the different areas of life, from social to political, including finances. Investments seem like a mystery to us and then we review them occasionally to make sense of everything that has happened since the last review.
Here are a few ways you can help make reviewing your investment portfolio a little easier.
- Software programmes—you can find a software programme that makes it easier to import new information for your investment portfolio and compare with previously dated material for any trends or warning signals to change particular investments.
- Apps—there are certain apps that can help you manage your finances, including your investments. You can also find apps to track growth, and possibly to even estimate the potential for growth, but don’t use it for a substitute for professional advice.
- Professional management—you can obtain help with keeping track of your investment portfolio and hire a manager to review it and suggest changes and investments that will help you achieve your financial goals.
- Organisation—being organised is essential to keeping adequate track of your finances. Documents and copies of electronic notices are important to have handy for taxes as well as for reference purposes.
- Graphs—putting your investment information into a chart or graph can help you achieve a more thorough understanding of the trends for your investment funds and can make it easier to determine what you’re going to do in the future to maximize your earning potential.
- Schedule—if you have a diverse investment portfolio you might want to schedule time to review it and focus on a different aspect of the portfolio each review session.