Python Certifications: How and Why to get certified
Python is an object-oriented, high-level programming language that has a hold of good position in the IT sector.
12:20 28 July 2020
With the latest developments and increasing popularity of fields like Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Python is now among the most preferred programming languages. According to a survey, about 38.8% of all users in Stack Overflow prefer Python for their projects. The demand for python has increased enormously in the past few years, even more than Java, PHP, and C# users. This increased demand for Python professionals has also increased the importance of Python certification.
Python is a general-purpose, high-level, and object-oriented programming language with simple syntax and hence easy to learn. It comes with a variety of features that make it the most popular language among developers. Python offers a variety of free and proprietary tools including integrated development environment (IDEs), frameworks, and modules that cover a broad range of technologies. Python offers extensive libraries that can be integrated for multiple purposes. Some of the most popular features of python are:
- Web frameworks like Django, Bottle, Pyramid, and Flask.
- Internet protocol support
- Tools for data science and machine learning like SciPy, NumPy, IPython, Pandas, etc.
It offers a fast edit-test-debug cycle. Python’s built-in high-level data types and dynamic testing makes it stand out among its counterparts. Many IT infrastructures are written in Python. It is used by tech giants like Google, Microsoft, Netflix, NASA, and Facebook along with other start-ups. Financial firms like Bloomberg, JPMorgan, and CapitalOne hire Python developers as Python is highly interactive. You can start with gaining a Python training in order to start your career as a Python developer or even more demanding jobs like data scientists. Here are some of the points you must consider to help you understand why certification is beneficial.
- Python certification boosts your marketability and adds value to the company or organization you work with. It is considered as a benchmark for recruiters that makes you stand out among your competitors.
- A certification displays your interest in the role and your curiosity to learn more. A certified Python developer contributes to an increase in the productivity, profit, and efficiency of the company.
- Certificate holders are paid more than the non-certified professionals.
- Certification acts as a great tool for screening and selection of employees from a pool of candidates.
- Certification benefits the companies since the certified python developers have the skills to handle the complex issues within the deadline. Hence, reducing the cost a company has to bear and ensures better customer satisfaction.
- Certification makes your position stronger in the labor market. Most of the clients demand certified developers to work on their projects. Hence, certified professionals are an asset to the company as well.
- A certification helps you to check, prove, and validate your skills.
- Python has multipurpose applications. Having a certification in the same won’t limit you to one career field, you can opt for developer roles, web development, or even the challenging jobs like a data scientist.
- Python has an active and healthy community. There are sufficient tutorials, video lectures, blogs, and resources available on the internet that you can access. The online forums are also active where the professionals interact and respond timely. So, if you get stuck while your learning process, you can get your doubts clarified by professional developers and experts.
- Python brings you ample opportunities in careers like web development. It is the most preferred language among the web developers because it comes with a lot of libraries and frameworks that simplify your tasks.
There are a few points that you should consider before you choose a certification program.
- The certification should include real-time projects and hands-on experience so that, along with theoretical knowledge, you are fluent with the practical part too.
- The tutors should also provide mentorship and guidance to the candidates if they are freshers and want to start a career in Python.
- A healthy community of experts and learners should be present to help each other and code together.
How to get a Python certification:
There are a lot of institutes and training centers offering python certification. Some are available online while some follow a classroom kind interactive environment. To ensure that you are opting for the right course, do check the course content. The course should cover basics to advanced skills that also adheres to the industry trends. Some of the important modules that should be checked in the syllabus are:
- Basic syntax
- List and tuple
- Built-in modules
- Database connectivity
- Object serialization
- Data classes
Apart from this, you must check the format of the training. Some training programs offer a variety of courses depending on the convenience of the candidates.
- Instructor-led live classes
- One to one training
- Team/corporate training
Python certification is among the most popular IT certification courses. Here are a few statistics that show the popularity of Python:
- Python was number one of the list of top programming languages in 2018 in a survey conducted by IEEE.
- Python was also on top of TIOBE’s Programming language Hall of Fame (2018). The award is for the programming language that has seen the highest rise.
Here is the average salary of a Python developer working in different roles:
Python Web Developer
Automation Testing Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
Every one of us wants to do our best to enhance our skills and make our careers stable for the future. However, a lack of appropriate skills can be a major drawback. So, if you want to reach your potential worth, you have to upgrade your skills according to the requirements of the job.
Python has a good place in the market in terms of career opportunities. To take advantage of these opportunities, you must have a deep understanding of object-oriented programming principles along with enough experience working in Python. However, if you have just started programming, Python certification can help you get good opportunities.