06:47 02 March 2011
A classic tuna and egg salad, which takes just moments to make.
15 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 2.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
185g can tuna, drained
15g canned black olives, halved
50g green beans
50g mixed salad leaves
1 hard boiled egg
1. Plunge 50g green beans into boiling water for 2 minutes to blanch.
2. Cool rapidly under cold running water and drain.
3. Place the salad leaves in a serving bowl.
4. Flake the tuna over the leaves.
5. Top with green beans, 1 quartered hard boiled egg and black olives.
6. Drizzle with French dressing and serve.
You can find sustainable canned fish at the supermarket.
Hints and Tips: To make a more substantial main course add cold sliced new potatoes and tomatoes. Chop the remaining black olives and use in pasta sauces or on pizzas.
Sat Fat: 3.5g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.