Salford Bus Lane Cameras
Five new bus lane cameras to be used to clamp down on Salford motorists driving in the wrong lane.
05:33 12 March 2020
Salford City Council has confirmed a move that will see the installation of five new bus lane cameras after it generated £464,000 through bus late penalty charges notices last year.
According to the documents submitted to the growth and prosperity scrutiny committee, the five new cameras, which will become operational in the next two months, will be installed at the following sites:
- Broad Street westbound at new bus gate as part of SBNI scheme
- East Lancashire road eastbound on the approach to the TfGM Park and Ride site
- East Lancashire Road eastbound close to Shield Drive
- East Lancashire Road westbound on the approach to Lancaster Road
- The Crescent eastbound near to Salford Crescent train station
The council said that with a total of 10 bus lane cameras, they are expected their bus late penalty charges to double this year.