Second 'Safe' Samsung Note 7 Catches Fire
A second replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 device has caught fire in the US.
15:46 10 October 2016
A man from Kentucky, USA has found his second replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 device, deemed safe by the company, on fire on Tuesday. The device was not plugged in when it caught fire.
Samsung has been forced to issue new models of the smartphone following complaints of faulty batteries. The Note 7 was subject to a mass recall in September but Samsung said it has identified and fixed the problem.
On Wednesday, a replacement Note 7 also caught fire on a Southwest Airlines plane due to fly from Kentucky to Maryland.
A Southwest Airlines spokesperson said: "A customer reported smoke emitting from an electronic device. All customers and crew deplaned safely via the main cabin door."
In a statement, Samsung said: "We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause.”
"Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share."
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website