Simple Methods of Increasing Conversion Rate
A high conversion rate is not a matter of chance.
10:15 19 June 2020
It’s a result of the specific steps that aim to overcome the main obstacles that your clients encounter while making a purchase of products or services. Has it ever occur to you why so often people add items in their cart and then ruthlessly abandon it? They may have spent hours on your website, and it is even displayed in your statistics. They may have already chosen a destination for package delivery. They even may have clicked the “PURCHASE” button but did not confirm it. What makes them change the decision in seconds, if not milliseconds? Here are the top reasons for cart abandonment:
- Additional costs not mentioned during the checkout process;
- Mandatory account creation;
- Durable checkout process;
- Concerns about the security of payment;
- Bad website’s performance;
- Better price options from your competitors;
- Lack of delivery solutions (no delivery, too long, too expensive)
- Unclear website navigation;
How to solve it with design?
1) Reduce customer’s need for support. That means - include all the info about the product they will possibly need. Prices, taxes, fees, delivery timing and expenses, sizes, colors, practical considerations… Think about the last time you purchased online. What did you lack?
2) Allow guesting. Sometimes, users are not so willing to give away the information about themselves just to get a simple T-Shit while they are still not sure about the quality of the product and service. Allow they buy as a guest and they may create an account later. Or give additional bonuses for the registration.
3) Secure the checkout and payment process. That is the reason why clients refuse to register and buy - they fear to lose their information. It may be the fault of their previous experience with other websites. Be sure to add the info about how you process their data. Allow them to choose whether they need the e-mail subscription to updates. As for the payments, choose the most secure solutions to maintain your reputation. That means working with reliable providers, allowing two-facet authentication, end-to-end encryption, etc.
4) Personalize. Global eCommerce requires adjustments in available currencies, locations, and languages. Very often your potential customers will avoid buying the product because.
- they are not sure if you deliver to their country;
- they are not sure what the price is in their currency;
- they don’t understand the information given in the given language;’
- they don’t know if there will be additional costs due to international delivery;
To solve these issues, be sure to develop a multi-language e-commerce store that will answer all answers of your foreign clients.
5) Integrate mobile e-commerce solutions. It is convenient, saves customers’ time and they will be less likely to forget to buy because of carrying smartphones everywhere.
6) Implement discounts and bonuses for the first purchase. It will persuade clients to give your product a chance. If they like it the first time, your regular customers list will enlarge,
Your product may be great. Your website working smoothly. The navigation may be clearest than 1+1=2. However, only the combination of it provides high conversion rates, when your visitors turn into real customers. Here you can find out about how to build your website accordingly.