Step by Step Guide to Get UAE Investor Visa
Dubai is a land of opportunities for businessmen and real estate investors.
17:07 26 September 2019
People from all over the world visit the place to spend family holidays, shopping, or for business purposes. It’s a dream of many investors and businessmen to obtain UAE investor visa to establish their business there. They find different type of information on the internet when search for the process of obtaining UAE investors visa. Here is the article, we are going to discuss the terms and conditions in detail.
- Property Type and Value
You are eligible for applying investor visa if the purchased value of the property is AED 1M. Remember, Dubai Land Department considers purchased value mentioned on the title deed not the current value. The rules and requirements for investors visa keep changing as commercial property owners couldn’t apply for the visa a few years ago, but they are eligible now.
Apartments, villas, hotel rooms, warehouses, and offices fall in the category of acceptable property type if they are ready and have title deed. Disputed property and off-plan properties owners aren’t eligible for applying the investor visa. Mortgage property owners qualify for the investment visa once the 50% payment of the leased property worth AED 1M is paid. Those who have jointly ownership must have a share of AED 1M in the property.
- Property Condition is Important
Many developers falsely inform buyers that they can obtain investor visa after buying off-plan property which is not true at all. The property should fulfill the conditions and terms given by the government which say that:
- The property should be freehold.
- It must be in ready condition and have title deed.
- It must be in habitable condition.
- Different Visa Types Are Available
There are two types of investors visas, i.e. six months and three years. Six-month visa is best for tourists that comes with Emirates ID card and it doesn’t require any medical examination. The visa is cheap and can be obtained in just a few weeks. On the other hand, three-year visa gives you all rights of an Emirate resident and expires at nominal cost. You need to renew it after some time. It’s best for those who have established their business in Dubai or living there with families.
- Dubai Property Visa Fee
As there are different types of the Dubai residency visa, the fee for the visas are also different. You have to pay around AED 2000 for a six-month visa while the fee is AED 15, 000 for three years property visa.
- Income and Work Scope
Having an investor visa doesn’t implicate that you or someone of your family can work in Dubai. if you want to apply for a job, then the company should issue sponsoring visa.
- Required Documents for UAE Investor Visa
Here is the list of document you have to provide to get UAE investor visa.
- Good Conduct Certificate from Dubai Police
- Original Title Deed
- 1 Passport Size Photo with white Background
- Current Vis Copy
In the case of six-month visa, you have to attach NOC from Developer while you can get Good Conduct Certificate from AlJafilliya behind Jafilliya police station – Bur Dubai.
Process for Getting Six Month Property Visa
General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs Dubai is the concerned department and you have to follow the below steps.
- Contact developer and tell him that you need NOC for six-month property visa. Once you get the visa visit the police station and apply for the conduct certificate. However, you can apply online and pay ED 220 fee online if you have emirates ID.
- Take all the documents and certificates to General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs Dubai and submit the document.
- You will be notified through email about the process.
Process for Getting 3-Year Property Visa
Unlike the six-month visa, the process for 3-years property visa is quite complex. Following are the steps involved in the process:
- Visit Dubai Land Department and apply for reference visa which you have to submit to Dubai Police to get good conduct certificate. It takes two days to get confirmation email of the certificate.
- Once you get good conduct certificate and have other supportive documents, submit them to the Dubai Land Department. The overall approval takes 8 working days if they accept all documents.
- Apply for trade license when you receive an email form Dubai Land Department.
- Once you get confirmation message, visit Dubai land Department to collect deed title. In the case of any query, you can contact Dubai Land Department or Dubai Police for further assistance.