Stressed? Rushed? Pushed around? How to survive the Christmas sales
Below are a half dozen tips to survive Black Friday and Christmas shopping.
17:52 28 November 2014
1. Set a budget and stick to it – Before you even hit the store, determine how much you can spend and stick to it. It may be difficult but with a bit of discipline and self-control, you can make it happen.
2. Wear comfortable clothes – You’ll be pushed around and you’ll have to fight your way through the crowd. So make sure you dress for the occasion.
3. Do not shop with an empty stomach. Have a bite before you head to the stores and re-fuel if needed. Between walking from different shops and mall and carrying all your shopping bags, you will definitely need it.
4. Bring a bottle of water – To survive Black Friday, you need to look at it as an extreme sport. You will not make it unless you stay hydrated.
5. Bring your mobile phone – You may need it to call somebody to ask for second opinion or to compare prices online. This is your lifeline.
6. Avoid confrontations – Shopping in a mall packed with other holiday shoppers can be frantic. But no matter how tired you are or how frustrated you are, remember to smile and avoid confrontation at all cost – it’s counter-productive.