06:02 08 March 2010
When you are juggling a hectic lifestyle, this recipe is quick to cook and provides one portion of your 5-A-DAY.
45 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 1.
See “Switch 2” for more recipes devised with James Martin
For the Stuffed Pepper:
1 large red pepper
For the Sweet Potato Wedges:
1 medium sweet potato
1 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
To make the wedges:
1. Scrub the sweet potato, dry and cut in half lengthways. Cut each half into 4-6 wedges.
2. Put the wedges on a baking tray, sprinkle with the cinnamon, season and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
3. Toss the wedges, so they are evenly coated, and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
To make the stuffed peppers:
1. Cut the pepper in half through the stalk, keeping the stalk in tact and remove the seeds.
2. Place the pepper on a baking tray lined with foil, season the inside with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
3. Combine the meatballs, onions and sliced mushrooms in a small bowl. Divide the mixture between the two peppers and sprinkle over a little oregano.
4. Thickly slice the mozzarella and lay over the meatballs. Season and drizzle lightly with oil.
5. Bake in the oven on the shelf under the wedges for 20 minutes, until the filling is hot and bubbling and the pepper is tender.
To make the alioli:
Add a crushed clove of garlic to the mayonnaise, season and mix well.
Calories: 697, Protein: 33.4g, Carbohydrate: 71.2g, Sugars: 32.8g Fat 32.9g, Saturated fat: 10.3g, Fibre: 13g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website