18:13 11 November 2012
The Office for National Statistics has released the most popular baby names! And this relates to names for babies in England and Wales. So if you’re expecting, or you know someone who is, take a look at this week’s Top 10 Baby names for boys for inspiration…
10. Styles. It could be because of boy band member Harry Styles from One Direction, but who knows! This is number 10 in the top 10 baby names for boys.
9. Harry. Believe it or not, aside from heart-throb teen singer Harry Styles, this is a popular boys baby name that goes back many many many years.
8. Wii. Odd we know, a surprise entry in the top 10 baby names for boys.
7. Cumberbatch. Erm… no comment!
6. Lotto. Is it because of gambling that this has reached the most popular baby names for boys list?
5. Mobot. Good ol’ Mo Farah – the UK’s Olympic hero invented the ‘mobot’ as his signature move. Bet he’ll be pleased to hear it’s in the top 10 baby names for boys!
4. Becks. After the beer? Or the footballer David Beckham?
3. Usain. Can you believe that the baby name Usain, presumably inspired by legendry athlete Usain Bolt, is more popular than Mobot?
2. Sebastian. Nice choice for a boy’s baby name.
1. Boris. Has this anything to do with Boris Becker or Boris Johnson we wonder? Anyway, this is number one for the Top 10 Baby names for boys!
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website