15:27 09 December 2012
With Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, announcing their pregnancy we’ve decided to take a look at some of the royal pregnancies of the past. So, whether you’re a royalist or not, why not take a look at our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies…
10. Princess Beatrice – Princess Beatrice of York ranks number 10 in our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies. She is daughter to Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, and was born in 1988.
9. Prince Charles – He’s not everyone’s most popular royal family member, but Prince Charles graced the earth in November, 1948, and has done lots for charities since. As Queen’s Elizabeth’s son, he also goes by the title of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
8. Mary Queen of Scots – Born in 1542, this lady went by the name of Mary I and Mary Stuart. She was the Queen Regnant of Scotland for over two decades, as well as Queen Consort of France for a short spell. We call that pretty successful really and would like to know what her mother thought!
7. James I – This chap was also James VI, confusing eh? We wonder if his mother’s pregnancy was an easy one or if it had its complications. He’s number seven in this week’s Top 10.
6. King Henry VIII – King Henry VIII is an odd choice you may say? Well, he’s learnt about in history classes up and down the country so we reckon his birth was pretty important. He’s second place in this week’s Top 10 list; Top 10 Royal Pregnancies.
5. Her Majesty the Queen – Queen Elizabeth II was born in 1926 and her reign began in 1952. She is daughter to Queen Elizabeth I, aka The Queen Mother. Between them both, they’ve given birth to some pretty important royal family members.
4. Prince Willliam – Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge, ranks fourth in our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies. He was born 21st June, 1982.As the late Princess Diana’s eldest son, his recent marriage to Catherine Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, has led to news of their pregnancy. Meaning their child will be the latest addition to the Royal family.
3. Prince Harry – Prince Harry of Wales is many people’s favourite royal family member. Aged just 28, he is brother to Prince William. This Prince has appeared in the news for reasons that may not have ranked him high on some of the royal families Christmas card list. He’s number three on our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies.
2. Princess Diana – Also known as the People’s Princess, Princess Diana was married to Prince Charles to whom she became pregnant with two of today’s most popular royal family members – Prince William and Prince Harry. She died in 1997. She ranks second on our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies.
1. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge – Although the next addition to the royal family tree is unborn, our top spot this week goes to Kate Middleton for her recently announced pregnancy! Congratulations! It’s number one on our Top 10 Royal Pregnancies.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website