Top 5 Online Activities in the UK
The internet has become all-pervasive today.
23:31 12 June 2020
Internet penetration and the recent COVID 19 scare have proven that more and more daily activities are governed by internet usage. Intensive surveys were conducted by Preview Casinos to understand and analyse the internet usage patterns of the diaspora. The results are startling and show that people in the UK use the internet in almost all facets of life.
Popular Internet Activities in the UK
The casino did an in-depth survey of the surfing habits of the population and came up with five activities that are popular with all socio-economic and age dynamics. It was found that there are five main categories that use the internet in daily life.
- Use the internet to communicate with others both in business and personal domains. This category would involve using emails, messages from different platforms. Nearly 92% of people use the internet to communicate. It could be a host of platforms that allow individual conversations or even group discussions on audio, video and screen-sharing technology. Many schools and offices have turned to this technology to repel the Corona pandemic and save costs to facilitate work from home with ease.
- The internet is also a very effective tool to gather information. Both students and adults alike spend about 86% of internet time in looking for stuff online. It could be directions on a map, information about a product or service or travel or the weather, or myriad activities for leisure, Mr Internet has it all.
- A majority of people today have given up reading the newspaper as they can access multiple news channels online. You can actually read the events happening across the globe understand the working of global trade and share markets in not only your country but world-wide. The world has become a global village with the advent of the internet.
- A large number of businesses have moved online over the past three decades or so. The ease of engaging in trade has become simple as all compliances have moved online. You can create a digital presence with a website, social media handles and other means to expand your reach and sales conversions. You can move your banking online and remit and receive money seamlessly and securely through multiple channels. Trade has evolved in the UK and globally with internet access.
- Let us not leave entertainment out of the mix. Online gaming has become a rage. You can actually play casino games legally in a secure manner on your smartphone or laptop. Gaming has reached the UK's homes through the laptop. It is one of the most pursued leisure activities on the internet. The UKGC helps players identify the licensed casinos and ensures that exacting standards are met where fair play is a norm.
The dazzling graphics and sounds make the online casino an exciting place to play and win too! Most players look for the casino that makes them secure about adding money and playing real stakes. Redemption rules are also an important factor to keep in mind. The popular games and frequent newer additions make this space fun and adventurous. A large swathe of both young and old Britishers are becoming fond of the online casino.