10:34 07 January 2013
Here are some ways men can look after their health…
1. Exercise – Men and women should exercise regularly, even if it is at least once a week. Exercise not only improves your health, but also helps to combat obesity. Some people think that by being active, it can help reduce the risk of men having a heart attack.
2. Doctor appointments – Most people don’t like going to the doctors, but it’s best to get treatment early if you are sick or have a disease. It is best to not ignore any niggles or worries you may have and see your doctor when you have appointments. Also, keep on top of health screenings. Many health clinics offer screenings every year. Or you can even contact your health insurance company and see if you are entitled to one with your policy.
This also relates to dental care. Everyone, both young and old, should care for their teeth and brush them at least twice a day to stay healthy. You should make sure you keep your dentist appointments. This will help fight problems such as gum disease.
3. Diet – It is important to eat a healthy diet. This month why not include in your diet seasonal fruit and vegetables such as oranges, cabbage and pomegranate? A well balanced diet can help fight against disease. Why not make this part of your New Year’s Resolution for 2013.
4. Quit smoking – There are probably many people quitting smoking at the start of this year and they should be encouraged. Smoking can affect your teeth, lungs, and perhaps even put you at risk of contracting diseases such as lung cancer or throat cancer. Also, it can affect those people around you. This can be because they may breathe your smoke in, or have to help you through treatment you may need to receive.
5. Be happy! – Being less stressed is one way that could improve your health. Maybe you may need to get more fresh air, perhaps a walk in the park, playing with the kids or grandkids, or even a round of golf can help you feeling good? Whatever you chose to do with your spare time, concentrating on being happy is one way that could help you enjoy a better lifestyle.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website