Transporting a Vehicle to another city? Know these facts:
Moving to a new city or state includes many processes.
10:58 27 November 2019
It takes effort and time to move and settle at a new place. Along with packing and transporting of your home goods, transporting your vehicle is also a part of the moving process. When moving a vehicle, there are two options, one is to drive the vehicle to your new destination and another is shipping the vehicle. First option is possible if you are moving to a nearby city but if you are moving to a far off state then shipping your vehicle is the right choice. The best car shipping companies state that the main points that impact the success and cost of your vehicle transportation are:
- Distance to the Destination
- Destination Place
- Date of Departure
- Type of Vehicle that is to beTransported
- Type of Transportation
To get the right and budget friendly car transporting services can be a task. You need to keep some certain tips and points in your mind to transport your vehicle safely and successfully. Following are some useful car shipping tips that will help you get through the task easily:
- Choose the Right Company:Search online and ask around for recommendations for good auto shipping companies. Read online reviews before shortlisting any companies as satisfied customers are the biggest proof of good services. Contact at least 3 to 4 companies and get their rates. Once you have shortlisted the companies, compare their services and rates.
- Beware of Shipping Frauds:While searching for a shipping company, you may come across some shipping agents. These shipping brokers do not have a DoT number that is issued by the Department of Transportation. These brokers only have a MC number. Taking services of a broker is not a bad option if they tell you the true picture. Many brokers act as shipping companies and bear no responsibility afterwards in case of any damage. So, for the safety of your car, make sure that your car transporter signs an agreement regarding the safety and security of the car and also makes the time commitment.
- Type of Shipping Services: Car shipping services are generally of two types. One is door to door transportation of your vehicle and another is terminal to terminal transportation of the car. Though the first option is little more expensive but it ensures better service and other option is cheaper but then you have to arrange the time arrangements as you will be picking up your vehicle from the terminal.
- Type of Shipping Vessel: There are various kinds of shipping vessels available when you have to choose for the type of services. The main type of shipping vessels are
- Multicar tractor trailers
- Non-stacking trailers
- Multi-level car carriages
You can decide the type of vessel on the basis of your care type. If your car is exotic or expensive then better opt for a closed vessel. There are also specialized options available to transport classic and antique cars.
- Car Shipping Fee: Shipping fee depends upon many things. Like if you are transporting a large size car like a SUV then you may be charged more than a normal size car. Time taken in shipping is also a factor in deciding the car shipping fee. You can even get your car delivered in 48 hours with extra fee.
- Car Moving Teams: Be sure to ask for the proper identification papers of the car moving drivers. Make sure that they have proper authorization to move the car.
- Booking of Shipping Company: Make sure that you hire the car shipping company well in advance to avoid any last minute hassles. In peak moving seasons, it is really hard to get the bookings. Weekends and month-ends are the busiest of the time for these companies so to avoid inconvenience of not having a vehicle at your new place for days, book your car shipper well in advance.
- Bill of Lading: Read all the text written in the Bill of Lading carefully. Don’t fall for verbal promises and make sure you are aware of all the terms and conditions mentioned in the Bill of Lading.
Now that you know the important aspects of transporting a car, hire the best car shipping company and get started.