Understanding the Differences between Marijuana Dispensaries
With over 10 states legalizing weed for recreational purposes and 33 states for medicinal purposes ...
15:06 02 February 2019
there is growing interest now among people to learn about weed and the weed industry in general and to find out the different kinds of products available in the market.
Having passed laws to regulate the market, these states have started operating marijuana dispensaries that are authorized to sell cannabis legally. But before you go running to the nearest storefront for some weed, you need to understand the differences between a medical marijuana dispensary and dispensary for recreational use. Once you understand how they are different, you’ll be able to navigate the world of weed better and give yourself the best chance to choose the right product and get more bang for your buck.
Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
They’re meant to be the place for getting information about using cannabis for therapy and buying weed that are specially grown to treat diseases. Before visiting a marijuana dispensary in your area, be prepared to talk to the expert there about your illness and how cannabis can help treat it. Also, find out what documentation you’re supposed to carry and keep it ready.
Things to keep in mind before visiting a medical dispensary in your locality:
- Dispensaries need customers to register with them in order to comply their legal and regulatory norms.. So keep on hand a doctor’s recommendation, medical certification for cannabis, and necessary documentation as stipulated by the law governing your state. Remember you must be 18 years or above in order to qualify for medical authorization but some states may make exceptions in case of minors suffering from life-threatening conditions.
- In addition to budtenders, some dispensaries have in-house physicians to help counsel patients who find it comfortable speaking to a physician about the specific health conditions they’re suffering from, and those who need guidance on integrating cannabis with other prescribed medications and supplements. Professional consultants are also employed in some dispensaries to assist patients who may need a bit of reassurance or have some questions that they would like to discuss in detail.
- Some dispensaries might track what you buy, as it helps them track good medicine and document the list of cannabis makers and products for follow-up and future reference,
Marijuana Dispensaries for Recreational Purposes
Dispensaries for recreational use require much less prerequisites than a medical dispensary, but you need to know certain things before you drop by one of these stores to find products to get high.
- The legal age to buy weed for recreational purposes is 21 years and above.
- You need to produce your valid and unexpired state ID to purchase cannabis.
- Take your time to browse through the menu. The menu shows different types of cannabis products sold there such as topical, concentrate, flower, edible etc. As with most things, the best stuff needn’t be the costliest.
- These stores are designed for giving convenience and accessibility to weed buyers, and have in-store associates to provide recommendations or assistance if required.
https://weedaf.com/ is a great place where you can search for all things cannabis-related, from local dispensaries to different types of weed you can buy. Set up an account for free today to navigate the ever-expanding weed world.