What Is Paperless Document Management? Everything You Need to Know
To have an effective paperless office, you need to know about paperless document management. Read on to learn more here.
12:39 09 April 2020
Of all things to manage in a business, paper should not be one of them. Yet, companies spend around $8 billion per year on paper alone.
Not only does money not grow on trees—but they're exactly what's taking yours away.
With advanced technology today, there's no reason to be wasting paper. The easier it becomes to use paperless document management, the more we wonder why we've waited so long. It's true what they say—hindsight really is 20/20.
Read on to consider how a paperless filing system could benefit your business.
Why Choose Paperless Document Management?
Whether you've owned your business for thirty years or just launched it, paperless documentation is a smart, efficient, and empowering way to reclaim your business. In addition to saving money and the environment, having a paperless file system can revamp your entire business. Here's how.
Paperless document management ensures the following:
- Having more space in the office from fewer boxes full of records, fewer filing cabinets, and fewer storage shelves. Can you imagine?
- Immediate access to information; no more sleepless nights over lost documents!
- Environmental preservation. Think about all those contracts, invoices, pay stubs, manuals, brochures, and advertising materials you could be doing online.
- Moving from the old school way to the new school way. It's time. A paperless system makes it easy to work easily.
- Increased attention to your business structure. Having paperless documentation helps your company from the bottom-up. Tending to the foundation ensures optimal success.
- Stronger delegation and supervision of employees. Goodbye, paper-trails!
- An organized mind and therefore, an organized business!
No one considers paper to be detrimental to their company until they realize the impact of paperless document management. It'll be impossible to return to your former ways once you know the value of a paperless document.
Control Your Cloud
Even if you don't consider yourself to be tech-savvy, paperless document management does not control you—you control it. There are user-friendly software programs to ease your transition into paperless documentation.
Depending on how much virtual storage you need, there are cloud-based file storage options for you. Think of it this way—if you can tackle tech, there's nothing you can't do! Imagine how paperless document management will make you a better manager overall.
Technology brings efficiency, creativity and an overall boost to all businesses. When it comes to paperless pay-days, you can even use an easy, customizable pay stub generator to satisfy your employees.
Having a paperless file system means using your two cents in all decisions to save a lot more. That's the definition of a smart business leader.
Paperless Means Pay-For-Less
Paperless document management is far more than ditching paper. It reinstates true leadership into a business. It's an upgrade for the entire system.
Paper is the silent killer of a business's finances and efficiency. No one knows the cumulative impact it has on a company and the environment.
Consider the cost of one person's paper use in the workplace a week multiplied by fifty-two weeks a year. Multiply that by the number of years they've worked there. Then, consider the number of employees in the office; and all the companies in the world doing the same thing.
Be part of a greater movement. See how paperless document management helps you better manage yourself and your team.
To learn more about technology in business, check out our other blog posts!