What Should You Know About The Microsoft Az-900 Exam?
How To Earn Its Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals Certification
19:00 13 July 2021
For IT professionals, cloud computing is now one of the most lucrative fields to build their expertise. Organizations of different scales are migrating their systems to the cloud, which has resulted in high demand for experienced professionals in this field. Ideally, you would want to earn certifications in the most popularly used cloud products and services. The AZ 900, for instance, is quite a valuable certification for individuals trying to establish their careers in the Azure cloud. Microsoft Azure is currently one of the top providers of cloud infrastructure globally.
What is the AZ-900 certification?
The AZ-900 certification, also known as Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals Certification, essentially validates foundational level cloud computing skills. It implies that professionals who possess the certification should be aware of the foundational level cloud services and deliver them through Azure. If you are looking forward to becoming a Microsoft certified professional, obtaining the AZ-900 certification is an excellent way to start.
What is the exam structure like?
While preparing for any certification exam in the cloud computing domain, it is crucial to understand the exam structure. Once you are aware of the weightage that each part of the exam carries, you may prepare accordingly. For example, the AZ-900 exam consists of four modules:
- Core services in Azure (30% to 35%)
- Cloud security, privacy, compliance, and trust (25% to 30%)
- Azure Lifecycles and pricing Service Level Agreements (20% to 25%)
- Cloud concepts (15% to 20%)
Would the AZ-900 certification benefit you?
Before you opt for certification, it is natural to wonder whether it would benefit you. However, you may stay assured that AZ-900 is one of the essential Microsoft certifications that you might want to go for. It would help you with your cloud computing career in several ways.
- Pursuing other certification programs
The AZ-900 certification opens up two wide specialization paths. While one revolves around Microsoft artificial intelligenceand data, the other covers security technologies, solution development, and administration. Thus, you may establish yourself either as a Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert. As there are plenty of certifications that you may choose to pursue, the career opportunities are ample.
- Validation of skills
The whole purpose of the certification program is to demonstrate and validate a professional's skills. If you are a beginner in cloud computing and do not have an IT background, building a solid career may initially seem challenging. However, regardless of your background, the AZ-900 certification would testify that you have the foundational knowledge and skills. This would increase your value as an employee.
- Development of skills
Apart from adding value to your career, pursuing Microsoft certification courses is also a good choice from the academic aspect. To progress as a cloud computing professional, you would have to develop your skills well. Azure is one of the largest cloud computing platforms and offers a vast range of services and products; getting yourself trained in Azure would help you become knowledgeable in this field.
How to earn the AZ-900 certification?
This certification only requires the candidates to pass the AZ-900 examination. However, this does not exactly mean that it is easy to obtain. Despite being a fundamental examination, the AZ-900 exam can be pretty challenging. Therefore, you would want to put in a significant amount of effort while preparing for this examination.
- Practice exams: Taking practice tests is an excellent way to ready yourself for such complex examinations. It would get you accustomed to the type of questions to expect, the exam structure, and the difficulty level. Another crucial benefit of practice exams is that they help to manage time better.
- Quality materials: To prepare for the examination, you might want to find quality course materials to learn from. These materials must come from reliable sources and be up-to-date. The faulty study materials would only misguide you and hamper your performance. However, it would help if you also remembered that memorizing the questions and answers alone won't be enough.
- Training: Without hands-on training and experience, it is impossible to understand all the concepts clearly. You might want to practice creating virtual machines, VPNs, app services, etc. Ideally, it is best to enrol yourself in Microsoft coursesin a reputed institution. Under the guidance of experienced professionals, you can develop your skills much better.
Even though this exam is challenging to pass, adequate training would make it possible to earn the certification with relative ease. You might want to look for online training institutes that offer cloud computing courses. Koenig, for instance, is a leading IT institute offering various certification courses. Obtaining Microsoft certification trainingfrom a reliable institution would ultimately pay off in the long run. Considering the job prospects, development of skills, and career enhancement that come with the AZ-900 certification, it is certainly worth the effort.