What You Need to Know Before Picking a Prom Dress This Year
Prom has got to be one of the most anticipated and exciting times of the year.
13:08 17 January 2019
for the young women involved a large part of the fun is the chance to wear a glamorous gown and feel like a VIP for one night. Many hours will be spent planning and discussing all things prom dress, plus there’ll be many more devoted to searching for inspiration in magazines before actually starting the physical search for a dress.
There’s an awful lot to think about when picking a prom dress, some of the key points to cover are the same year in and year out, while others are more time-sensitive, based around what’s on trend. So here we take a brief look at what you really need to know before you pick your 2019 prom dress.
Wear what makes you feel good
That might sound obvious, but plenty of girls feel they really should go for a certain look because it screams ‘prom’ when it’s far from what they would usually wear. Of course that’s not always a bad thing, and if you actually relish the idea of wearing something very different then go ahead. However, if you don’t feel entirely comfortable the stay true to yourself; you deserve to feel amazing and have a great time, your way.
Choose a theme from the hot trends of 2019 prom fashion and style
You don’t have to try to acknowledge them all, and most can be adapted to suit your own style, but it’s always nice to be part of the hottest looks so take a look at what the experts are all talking about.
- Glittery fabrics –perfect if you like to make a bold statement, and there’s plenty of choice as electric silver, gold and pink are the three main colors on offer.
- Rose gold shades – this can be incorporated into either a prom outfit or accessories; there will be plenty of both around this prom season.
- One bare shoulder – yes, you will be looking at lots of prom gowns in various outlines which sport just one shoulder. Mermaid dresses are probably the design which carries this trend off the best.
- Satin dominates – but it’s rivalled by the emergence of tight-fitting Lycra dresses.
- Bold colors are a go - bright with scarlet or opt for a richer ruby red, or maybe you prefer yellow? If you have the confidence and the coloring this is great news.
- Ballgowns are very much in – which is where that satin comes in useful. Look out for touches of glitter and diamantes, added for that extra something.
- Backs are hot – either laced up styles, a look you will see on both floaty and fitted styles, or low cut designs which are classy, and perfect to show off toned backs.
So you know what is going to be hot in 2019, and it shouldn’t be too difficult to find something you love that is both on trend and perfect for your style. For more help in doing so, head over to https://www.jovani.com/prom-dresses.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website