05:03 11 August 2010
Fancy a delicious home cooked meal but worried about the calories? This Cajun chicken dish contains less than 500 calories, but is guaranteed to satisfy your hunger
45 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “Can-veniently Nutritious” for more recipes
|175g (6oz) American long grain or wild rice
227g can sliced pineapple in fruit juice, drained and juice reserved
1 tbsp olive oil
4 x chicken breasts, skinned and scored
|300g can mixed bean salad, drained
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1. Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
2. Place the pineapple in a heated dry frying pan and cook for 1- 2 minutes each side until golden brown. Remove and when cool enough to handle, dice the pineapple.
3. Brush the chicken with a little oil and sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning. Leave to stand for up to 15 minutes.
4. Heat a dry frying pan and add the chicken to the pan and cook seasoned side first for 4 minutes. Add half the reserved pineapple juice.
5. Turn the chicken over, reduce the heat and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Add a little more juice if necessary.
6. Finally drain the rice and combine with the pineapple, mixed beans and thyme.
7. Serve the Cajun chicken, with any remaining juice alongside the rice.
Saturated fat: 2g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook