Quotes by Bill Nighy
- Actors always talk about taking their work home and I always think: 'What are you on? You just turn it off. You are at work and then you go home.'
- Anyone who can do the splits and come back up on the backbeat, as James Brown and Prince can, has my eternal respect. Prince, who is a genius of the highest order, can come back up while singing and playing the guitar.
- I don't even own a car.
- I don't seem to be able to learn from experience or anything useful. History doesn't help me. Precedents don't inform my experience.
- I know really, really famous people who are terrified every time they walk on to a stage.
- I like being in kids' movies, and I like being in family movies.
- I'm not a royal family watcher.
- I'm not famous for my back story investigations I'm lucky that I work with good writers and it's usually in the script.
- It can't be overstated how wonderful it is not to have to audition any more. Any actor will tell you, it's like Christmas.
- My dad had a personal style which was very attractive. It was quite reserved and quite elegant, and it was infectious.
- When you have a family, or even when you're just seeing a girl, it's difficult to be skint.