Quotes by Carlos Ghosn
- At the age of 20 I bought a used Fiat 127. This was the only one I could afford!
- Business is tough you need tough guys.
- Design is important, it's an important dimension in the car. It's not the only one.
- Good is somebody who delivered and allowed the company to overcome obstacles, without leaving a profound impact on its culture. Great is somebody who leads his company to achievements and performance and value that nobody was expecting it had.
- I approve designs not because I think I am more gifted or somebody who can see ahead three or four years from now, but just to make sure that the design is a logical, rational decision, taken after analyzing pros and cons.
- I have my family, my children - I have a lot of outside activities.
- I think that the best training a top manager can be engaged in is management by example.
- I think the new generation is much more demanding about respect for the environment than we have ever imagined.
- Profit is the most global aspect of a business, and it is cross-functional.
- The role of leadership is to transform the complex situation into small pieces and prioritize them.
- We are still keeping, as much as we can to the one million commitment that we made, hoping that at a certain point in time, the headwinds represented by the strength of the yen will be a little bit less strong.
- We have some worse scenarios for which we need to prepare as companies. For the moment, we're planning for the worst, and the worst is now, and the car market is down more than 15 percent in France. There is so much uncertainty.
- When I come to a design decision, people know that is that.
- When you're C.E.O., you have to have two conditions: first, shareholders need to trust you and want you to head your company. The second is that you need to feel the motivation to do the job. So, as long as both are reunited, you continue to do the job. And today, they are reunited.
- When you're CEO, you have to have two conditions: first, shareholders need to trust you and want you to head your company. The second is that you need to feel the motivation to do the job. So, as long as both are reunited, you continue to do the job.
- You have to listen to the people who have a negative opinion as well as those who have positive opinion. Just to make sure that you are blending all these opinions in your mind before a decision is made.
- You want to make sure this particular car is going to please the customer and then you're going to be rewarded with something that is going to please the shareholder.
- You'll never convince me there is a hopeless situation or there is any finality in any success or any failure.