Quotes by Charles Foster Bass
- As a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence, I will be participating in several hearings on the startling revelations contained in the report.
- But the technology was accessible, which suggests incompetence on the part of our counterintelligence community and the Clinton Administration, and may in fact rise to the level of treason.
- China has legally purchased high performance computers, advanced machine tools, and semiconductor-manufacturing equipment from several American companies.
- In its report, the Cox Committee concludes that China is using stolen U.S. design information to speed up its deployment of a new nuclear missile force.
- The committee's finding that China stole sensitive technology from U.S. weapons research labs is alarming.
- The Cox Report documents a systematic, well-planned effort by the Chinese military at the highest levels to target and acquire technology for military modernization.
- The Intelligence Committee will also examine present counterintelligence programs for the Department of Energy, the National Laboratories, and the Department of Defense.
- The U.S. government knew that China wanted to acquire sensitive U.S. technology, and instead of implementing a policy to prevent them from acquiring the information, the government all but gave them an invitation to take our equipment and designs.
- The U.S. military has done a phenomenal job of creating these facilities almost over-night and dealing with these sworn enemies of America with more respect and dignity than they ever would have considered according our officers had they captured any.
- The United States government first learned of the diversion of the W-88 nuclear warhead design in late 1995.
- U.S. nuclear technology is one of this nation's most valuable secrets, and it should have been protected.
- We are a Nation of peace and compassion, yet these people have and will devote every fiber of their beings to the destruction of Americans and our Country.