Quotes by Dick Wolf
- I do love television. But the business is accelerating and people are not getting the chance to fail.
- I try to just communicate what I want done as clearly and simply as possible.
- I was raised not to be rude, but I also try to get the best work out of people.
- If you're going to vote on a television contract, there is a certain rationality to saying that the same structures that are applied to Health Plan participation should be placed on the right to vote on a strike.
- It was like in Samoa when they'd put up a movie screen on the beach and show movies and the locals would run behind the sheet to see where the people went. It was pretty grim.
- It's show business. No show, no business.
- People recognize certain things, like 'D' means 'this dialogue stinks.' We're dealing with shows that are written here, shot in New York and posted back here. Accurate communication is a necessity.
- The environment doesn't change that radically. You are still going to go home at night and NBC is going to be there, ABC and CBS will still be there.
- The most positive step is to try to expand the employment base by making it, if not economically friendly, at least not economically disastrous, for studios to take on deficits.
- When it went on the air, the sales department hated it. It was the highest advertising pullout show in the history of NBC. At the early focus groups, people were saying, 'Who are these people? Why should we watch them?