Quotes by Dirk Benedict
- Be very clear as to what your dream is. Nowadays it is fairly certain that 90 percent of all actors really just want to be rich and famous as the solution to all that ails.
- Children who cling to parents or who don't want to leave home are stunted in their emotional, psychological growth.
- From dear, dear Gloria Swanson, I learned how to live long, happy and free of health problems. I owe her my life.
- Hollywood... a city I was to come back to time and again, in sickness and in health, in success and in failure, with anticipation and with dread.
- I am very abnormal... But it wasn't very long ago that I wasn't so abnormal. I was very normal and headed for a lifetime of paying medical bills as proof of my normalcy.
- I write from my imagination, not from what I've read in books or seen on TV or to make money. I wrote from an idea I was passionate about.
- If we wait until our lives are free from sorrow or difficulty, then we wait forever. And miss the entire point.
- It helps to be able to be alone. 'Cuz writing is done alone, unless you collaborate, but I don't do that. Ask my ex-wife.
- Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow.
- Movies are movies, television is television.
- My favorite thing is to be alone in a room with a blank paper in front of me and the time to fill it.