Quotes by E E Cummings
- At least the Pilgrim Fathers used to shoot Indians: the Pilgrim Children merely punch time clocks.
- Be of love a little more careful than of anything.
- Humanity I love you because when you're hard up you pawn your intelligence to buy a drink.
- I imagine that yes is the only living thing.
- I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.
- I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than to teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- Kisses are a better fate than wisdom.
- Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.
- Listen there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go.
- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
- The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.
- To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.
- Unbeing dead isn't being alive.
- Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.