Quotes by George H W Bush
- A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn for in man's heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree.
- But let me tell you, this gender thing is history. You're looking at a guy who sat down with Margaret Thatcher across the table and talked about serious issues.
- History will point out some of the things I did wrong and some of the things I did right.
- I can tell you this: If I'm ever in a position to call the shots, I'm not going to rush to send somebody else's kids into a war.
- I hope my own children never have to fight a war.
- One of the good things about the way the Gulf War ended in 1991 is, you'd see the Vietnam veterans marching with the Gulf War veterans.
- The U.S.S. George H. W. Bush is a great thing in my life. It's amazing. A great honor.
- We can realise a lasting peace and transform the East-West relationship to one of enduring co-operation.
- We know what works. Freedom Works. We know what's right. Freedom is right.
- Well, I think everybody is frustrated by the finances of the U.N. and the inability to solve problems of war and peace.
- You cannot be President of the United States if you don't have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial in the Civil War and all that stuff.