Quotes by George Whitefield
- Although believers by nature, are far from God, and children of wrath, even as others, yet it is amazing to think how nigh they are brought to him again by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Among the many reasons assignable for the sad decay of true Christianity, perhaps the neglecting to assemble ourselves together, in religious societies, may not be one of the least.
- But he is unworthy the name of a minister of the gospel of peace, who is unwilling, not only to have his name cast out as evil, but also to die for the truths of the Lord Jesus.
- Fight the good fight of faith, and God will give you spiritual mercies.
- For it pleased God, after he had made all things by the word of his power, to create man after his own image.
- No, the religion of Jesus is a social religion.
- Nothing is more generally known than our duties which belong to Christianity and yet, how amazing is it, nothing is less practiced?
- O my brethren, my heart is enlarge towards you. I trust I feel something of that hidden, but powerful presence of Christ, whilst I am preaching to you.
- O that unbelievers would learn of faithful Abraham, and believe whatever is revealed from God, though they cannot fully comprehend it! Abraham knew God commanded him to offer up his son, and therefore believed, notwithstanding carnal reasoning might suggest may objections.
- Take care of your life and the Lord will take care of your death.
- The great and important duty which is incumbent on Christians, is to guard against all appearance of evil to watch against the first risings in the heart to evil and to have a guard upon our actions, that they may not be sinful, or so much as seem to be so.