Quotes by Jack Nicklaus
- A Nicklaus Design golf course is done by the guys in my company that I work with, that have been trained in my vision, and they do what they think I might do. They might come in the office and ask me questions and I'd certainly answer their questions, but I'm not involved in the site visits or anything else.
- Golf is game of respect and sportsmanship we have to respect its traditions and its rules.
- He has the finest, fundamentally sound golf swing I've ever seen.
- He's going to be around a long, long time, if his body holds up. That's always a concern with a lot of players because of how much they play. A lot of guys can't handle it. But it looks like he can.
- I'd rather be two strokes ahead going into the last day than two strokes behind. Having said that, it's probably easier to win coming from behind. There is no fear in chasing. There is fear in being chased.
- I've been fortunate over my career to make a little history on the 16th hole at Augusta National.
- I've wanted to design golf courses ever since I was a kid. I suppose it comes from the way I've played the game. To find the proper way to play any hole, I've always begun by asking myself what the architect has tried to do with it.
- Pete Dye introduced me to golf course design back in the 1960's. He came to my hometown Columbus, Ohio to work on The Golf Club.
- Success depends almost entirely on how effectively you learn to manage the game's two ultimate adversaries: the course and yourself.
- There isn't a flaw in his golf or his makeup. He will win more majors than Arnold Palmer and me combined. Somebody is going to dust my records. It might as well be Tiger, because he's such a great kid.
- This is a game. That's all it is. It's not a war.
- Through the years of experience I have found that air offers less resistance than dirt.
- You have to trust your kids. They have to experience life, and you just hope you've provided them a foundation for what's right and what isn't.