Quotes by James Taylor
- I believe 100 percent in the power and importance of music.
- I don't read music. I don't write it. So I wander around on the guitar until something starts to present itself.
- I know there are people who don't like their audience or like the experience of being recognized or celebrated, but my audience has been very good - they don't bother me and when they do contact me it's usually on the nicest possible terms.
- I'm glad about what's happening to the music business. This last crop of people we had in the 90s, who are going away now, they didn't like music. They didn't trust musicians. They wanted something else from it.
- I'm very unstable there's no stability in a musician's life at all. You live on a bus or on the road hand to mouth and you don't know where your money's coming from.
- If you think my music is sentimental and self-absorbed, I agree with you.
- It's probably foolish to expect relationships to go on forever and to say that because something only lasts 10 years, it's a failure.
- Music is like a huge release of tension.
- Music is my living. I enjoy selling my music.
- People should watch out for three things: avoid a major addiction, don't get so deeply into debt that it controls your life, and don't start a family before you're ready to settle down.
- Performing is a profound experience, at least for me.
- Performing is a profound experience, at least for me. It's not as if I sit down and play 'Fire and Rain' by myself, just to hear it again. But to offer it up... the energy that it somehow summons live takes me right back, and I do get a reconnection to the emotions.
- Sobering up was responsible for breaking up my marriage. That's what it couldn't stand.
- That's the motivation of an artist - to seek attention of some kind.
- Though 'Fire and Rain' is very personal, for other people it resonates as a sort of commonly held experience... And that's what happens with me. I write things for personal reasons, and then in some cases it... can be a shared experience.
- Time will take your money, but money won't buy time.