Quotes by Jean Kerr
- A lawyer is never entirely comfortable with a friendly divorce, anymore than a good mortician wants to finish his job and then have the patient sit up on the table.
- Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left.
- Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn't permanent.
- I think success has no rules, but you can learn a great deal from failure.
- I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being skin deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
- Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn't always go with everything else in the house.
- Some people have such a talent for making the best of a bad situation that they go around creating bad situations so they can make the best of them.
- The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible.
- Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speak by something outside himself like, for instance, he can't find any clean socks.
- You don't seem to realize that a poor person who is unhappy is in a better position than a rich person who is unhappy. Because the poor person has hope. He thinks money would help.