Quotes by John Buchan
- According to your sympathy, you will take pleasure in your own happiness or in the happiness of other people but it is always your own happiness you seek.
- But the egoist has no ideals, for the knowledge that his ideals are only his ideals, frees him from their domination. He acts for his own interest, not for the interest of ideals.
- For each one of us stands alone in the midst of a universe.
- I love each and every one of you but, like my own family, you thrill, you frustrate, you anger.
- Peace is that state in which fear of any kind is unknown.
- The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
- The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.
- There may be Peace without Joy, and Joy without Peace, but the two combined make Happiness.
- You are forever alone.
- Your thoughts and emotions are yours alone.