Quotes by Jonathan Edwards
- Prayer is as natural an expression of faith as breathing is of life.
- Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will.
- Sincere friendship towards God, in all who believe him to be properly an intelligent, willing being, does most apparently, directly, and strongly incline to prayer and it no less disposes the heart strongly to desire to have our infinitely glorious.
- The happiness of the creature consists in rejoicing in God, by which also God is magnified and exalted.
- The way to Heaven is ascending we must be content to travel uphill, though it be hard and tiresome, and contrary to the natural bias of our flesh.
- There are two sorts of hypocrites: ones that are deceived with their outward morality and external religion and the others are those that are deceived with false discoveries and elevation which often cry down works, and men's own righteousness, and.