Quotes by Judith Viorst
- Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there.
- Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia.
- One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.
- Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.
- We will have to give up the hope that, if we try hard, we somehow will always do right by our children. The connection is imperfect. We will sometimes do wrong.
- When he is late for dinner and I know he must be either having an affair or lying dead in the street, I always hope he's dead.
- You end up as you deserve. In old age you must put up with the face, the friends, the health, and the children you have earned.