Quotes by Julie Andrews
- All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.
- As a rule, my focus is on classical music, but I love jazz. I love everything, actually.
- Because of the Thames I have always loved inland waterways - water in general, water sounds - there's music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls tumbling, gushing.
- Behaving like a princess is work. It's not just about looking beautiful or wearing a crown. It's more about how you are inside.
- I am a liberated woman. And I do believe if a woman does equal work she should be paid equal money. But personally I am feminine and I do like male authority to lean on.
- I am told that the first comprehensible word I uttered as a child was 'home.'
- I have been called a nun with a switchblade where my privacy is concerned. I think there's a point where one says, that's for family, that's for me.
- I play with my grandchildren. I tend to my garden, which I love. Of course, I love to read, and family is really what it's all about.
- I think that the best way to explain that is that my mother gave me all the color and character and flare and liveliness, and my father gave me all the sanity and nature and all the things that helped me be a more rounded human being.
- I was lucky enough to be the lady that was asked to be Maria in the Sound Of Music, and that film was fortunate enough to be huge hit. The same with Mary Poppins. I got terribly lucky in that respect.
- My sense of the family history is somewhat sketchy, because my mother kept a great deal to herself.
- On the whole, I think women wear too much and are to fussy. You can't see the person for all the clutter.
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
- Sometimes I'm so sweet even I can't stand it.