Quotes by Leonardo Dicaprio
- I didn't know what types of movies I wanted to do. I want to do things that are different. I want to take my time with each role.
- I get a friend to travel with me... I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It's hard to be alone.
- I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.
- I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I've asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That's really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done.
- I have learned from my experiences in this industry that there is absolutely no way to control people's opinions on your performance in your movie. You go out there, promote your film and hope people like the work you did.
- I just want to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully people will watch my movies.
- I prefer ordinary girls - you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn't mean we are dating.
- I realise that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that's the end of it. You have to realise we are just clowns for hire. After I had success it was great, at first, not to worry about money. It was on my mind when I was growing up.
- I'm not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I'm definitely an individual.
- I've managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera.
- I've never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It's been a much slower process for me each time I've gone into a relationship.
- My dad's probably one of the kindest people in the world. When I was younger that's not how I was- I was a little spoiled brat.
- My mom, Irmelin, taught me the value of life. Her own life was saved by my grandmother during World War II.
- My mother is a walking miracle.
- Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.
- The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it... It's a great outlet. I'm not really sure who I am - it seems I change every day.
- You do need parental guidance and I was in a great position with both my mum and dad. They split when I was a baby but even though I stayed with my mom they were both very much involved in my upbringing.