Quotes by Mao Zedong
- Classes struggle, some classes triumph, others are eliminated. Such is history such is the history of civilization for thousands of years.
- Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically.
- Genuine equality between the sexes can only be realized in the process of the socialist transformation of society as a whole.
- If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.
- Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend.
- Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
- Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.
- Politics is war without bloodshed, while war is politics with bloodshed.
- The cardinal responsibility of leadership is to identify the dominant contradiction at each point of the historical process and to work out a central line to resolve it.
- The differences between friends cannot but reinforce their friendship.
- The people, and the people alone, are the motive force in the making of world history.
- There is in fact no such thing as art for art's sake, art that stands above classes, art that is detached from or independent of politics. Proletarian literature and art are part of the whole proletarian revolutionary cause.
- War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.
- Weapons are an important factor in war, but not the decisive one it is man and not materials that counts.
- Women hold up half the sky.