Quotes by Michael Shermer
- Anecdotal thinking comes naturally science requires training.
- But because we live in an age of science, we have a preoccupation with corroborating our myths.
- But the power of science lies in open publication, which, with the rise of the Internet, is no longer constrained by the price of paper.
- But there is only one surefire method of proper pattern recognition, and that is science.
- Religious faith depends on a host of social, psychological and emotional factors that have little or nothing to do with probabilities, evidence and logic.
- Scientific prayer makes God a celestial lab rat, leading to bad science and worse religion.
- Through no divine design or cosmic plan, we have inherited the mantle of life's caretaker on the earth, the only home we have ever known.
- We know evolution happened because innumerable bits of data from myriad fields of science conjoin to paint a rich portrait of life's pilgrimage.